According to a new study 80 per cent of users will disable or uninstall an app if they are unhappy with the number of notifications they receive from it, a new study shows.
The survey conducted by the DMA surveyed 1000 UK consumers about their attitudes towards push notifications, finding that 70 per cent will enable push notifications for their apps, 50 per cent of them shortly after initially downloading the app. Sale promotions, new products and location-based offers were the most sought after marketing notifications by customers.
Let’s look at the following Infographic to discover facts about push notifications:
1. 7 out of 10 users agree to show push notifications in their apps
2. 3 types of marketing messages you should use in push notifications:
- Sales promotions
- New products and launches
- Location-based offers
3. When using push notifications for your apps, you SHOULD
- Get the timing right
- Give people more control of push notifications
4. When using push notifications for your apps, you SHOULDN’T
- Make push notifications too complicated to use
- Pester or annoy customers
You pay attention to mobile shopping app, you may be interested in: